Ever been stuck in traffic and thought to yourself, "This totally sucks." Well, now you have a chance to help poor sods everywhere free themselves from all this GD traffic gridlock.
As a Developer Advocate at TallyGo, your job will be to engage and support developers in implementing our cutting edge mapping and navigation tools. Our iOS, Android and Web SDKs empower any company to embed turn by turn navigation better than Waze into their own apps in a matter of minutes, which is a total game changer for any company that needs to get something or someone from one place to another.
We’re looking for a Developer Advocate that's as good at helping customers solve thorny problems as they are with writing code. This role is truly multidisciplinary — you’ll be working closely with our engineering, product, and executive teams to qualify new sales opportunities, shepherd new customers, and help them integrate our SDKs into their products at the code level.
- Build lists of developers who would benefit from TallyGo's one-of-a-kind mapping and navigation tools
- Engage developers on the mapping, location and navigation problems they face, and where helpful, show them how to use TallyGo to solve those problems
- Host events for developers and increase awareness of TallyGo among the developer community
- Shepherd developers through the integration process and help them extract the most value out of their integrations
Stuff you gotta have:
- Experience with developer platforms and mapping tools
- Experience identifying, qualifying and engaging sales leads
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android native app development
- Enjoy interacting with people and working closely with them to help solve their problems
- Attention to detail, ownership mentality and extreme organization skills! :)
Stuff that would be nice to have:
- Expertise in Obj-C, Java and/or React Native
- Expertise in integrating mapping APIs
- Humble and open minded
- Transparent and honest
- Self directed and dependable
- Positive and friendly
- Sense of humor
- No ego, no assholes
Working With Us
- We are based in Los Angeles, but this role must be located in the San Francisco area. Also, a significant portion of our team is distributed, so you get to work from home. (Pants optional.)
- Must be located in the San Francisco metro area.
- The work is challenging, with very compelling problems that touch on complex machine learning algorithms and data science issues.
- The work matters, and can have a huge impact on the economy and the environment.
- You'll have the autonomy to direct your own work without being micromanaged.
- We’re a genuinely nice group of folks, so no a-holes.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting, please email us at jobs [at] tallygo [dot] com. Please send your resume and tell us why Van Halen insisted on a bowl of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed before each concert. Also, take a guess at why we are asking you that.
Principals only, please, no recruiters.